At Devonshires, we have strived to achieve this through various initiatives to engage with our clients and keep people connected and, in particular, to ensure that officers at all levels are able to keep their legal knowledge up to date and perhaps learn something new too.
Over the past year we have embraced Zoom and Teams as a way to reach out and interact in a number of ways including:
- Webinars: We have run an extensive Webinar programme covering topics such as dealing with shared ownership leases and how to comply with the Equality Act when managing tenancies.
- HMPL Building Blocks: We launched our Building Blocks programme to provide those new to social housing with a grounding on the basic legal principles.
- Virtual Coffee Breaks: We have run virtual coffee breaks and webinars via our InLaws programme which is designed for in-house solicitors in the social housing sector.
- Virtual Bespoke Training: We have continued to provide bespoke training to clients and are now offering full one day training programmes and workshops.
- Virtual Legal Surgeries: We have continued to host remote virtual online surgeries for our clients which they have found to be a really good way of bringing teams together.
Although this has been an extremely challenging time, we have found that by embracing the virtual world this has given us more ability to interact with our clients no matter where they are. It goes without saying that we have been blown away by the positive feedback that we have had to the sessions that we have run.
Although we can’t wait to be able to catch up with many of you in person when the world returns to some semblance of normality, we will be keeping up all of our virtual learning, coffees and surgeries so as to keep in touch.
If you are not on our mailing list but would like to join to find out more about our upcoming webinars and updates as and when they are announced, please do sign up by clicking here, and we very much look forward to “seeing” you there.
For more information, please contact Donna McCarthy, Partner in our Housing Management & Property Litigation team.