Donna McCarthy and Lee Russell of Devonshires Solicitors will be on hand to help facilitate this breakfast briefing and update.
The briefing will focus on the new Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018. The new provisions will require a landlord to ensure a property is fit for human habitation and is likely to have significant effects, particularly across the social housing sector, by exposing landlords to new legal claims.
The session will facilitate discussion on when the Act will come into force, what it will do and how it is likely to affect you. It will also help you prepare for the changes.
- What is the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018?
- What does unfit for human habitation mean?
- What will it do?
- When is it coming in force?
- What tenancies will it apply to and when?
- How will it affect you?
- How far do the new requirements on landlords extend?
- How will claims be funded?
- What will the effect be of new specific performance and damages claims?
If you have any questions or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7065 1871