About the course
Communication is a fundamental aspect of an inhouse lawyer’s role. Skills are needed to explain complex legal issues in accessible terms, to manage expectations, to help internal clients be better instructing officers and to proactively act as a conduit between outside counsel and the business.
This interactive and in-person event will include discussion on
- Understanding why good communication is critical to your role
- How developing your communication skills plays its part in your professional continuing competence requirements
- Improving your skills in listening, speaking, non verbal communication, written advice and visualisation
About the speaker
Peter Scott is a solicitor and former managing partner of Eversheds’ London and European offices. He is a well regarded speaker, author and advisor to law firms both in the UK and abroad.
- “Brings his experience and knowledge to create an engaging experience for delegates”
- “Excellent speaker, extremely clever and excellent knowledge”
- “Very interesting and great speaker”
- “Marvellous, very engaging”
This is an in-person event and will be held in our offices. Numbers are extremely limited. Following the training session, there will be an informal social with wine, canapes and good conversation.