In this webinar, Ellen Damlica, a Solicitor at Devonshires Solicitors will explore:
• Common areas of confusion when executing documents
• The primary differences between deeds and contracts;
• The methods of execution and legal requirements for companies and registered societies in relation to signing both deeds and contracts;
• The implications of invalid execution;
• The use of powers of attorney;
• Best practice around witnessing execution of documents;
• Good practice around the use of electronic signatures.
This webinar is designed to be interactive and to provide useful guidance on how providers and their subsidiaries can ensure they are meeting their legal and internal governance requirements in executing documents.
About the speakers:
Ellen is a Solicitor in our Banking, Governance and Corporate team. She primarily advises housing associations on a wide range of corporate and governance matters within both the housing and wider third sector. These matters vary from inception and registration of registered providers of social housing to advice on collaborative working.
Rose is a senior Solicitor in our Banking, Governance & Corporate team based in our Birmingham office. She primarily acts for housing associations and community led housing providers across England and Wales on matters ranging from incorporation and registration as a social housing provider through to partnership working and joint ventures. She advises on new group structures, strategic governance, board and executive training, governance reviews, co-operative and community benefit society law, general company law, charity law and regulatory queries, alongside drafting governance documentation.