Within this seminar hosted for in house legal teams, we will discuss the proposals which, if implemented, will constitute the biggest shake-up to the regulatory regime since the introduction of The Building Act 1984 and will affect all stages of a building’s life-cycle, from procurement to design to construction and into and throughout occupation. We will consider the scope of the proposals and what they mean for RP’s and Local Authorities.
- The scope of the new regime;
- Dutyholders who are accountable and have defined responsibilities throughout a building’s design, construction and occupation;
- Providing residents with greater involvement in a building’s safety through the provision of building safety information, resident engagement and a stronger voice to raise concerns;
- A new building safety regulator that will provide oversight of the new building safety regulatory regime ensuring compliance through enforcement;
- Enhanced enforcement and sanctions to deter non-compliance with the new regime.
Mark London, Partner and Head of Construction & Engineering, Devonshires
Matthew Cocklin, Partner, Construction & Engineering, Devonshires
Who should attend:
This session is aimed at in house legal teams and is being hosted as part of the 2019 InLaws Event Programme.
If you have any questions or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7880 4440