Extra consideration must be given when managing a tenancy where the tenant is suffering from mental health issues and/or lacks capacity. This seminar will look at the law and practical implications of managing such tenancies from sign up to termination, including an overview of the safeguards provided by the Equality Act 2010, the effect of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the use of the Court of Protection.
- What are the issues facing landlords where the tenant has mental health issues and/or lacks capacity?
- The Impact of the Equality Act 2010
- Mental Capacity – the Law
- Issues to consider when seeking possession – restrictions on available remedies, the litigation friend and the Court of Protection
- Liberty Protection Safeguards…what’s next?
Donna McCarthy, Partner, Housing Management & Property Litigation, Devonshires
Lee Russell, Solicitor, Housing Management & Property Litigation, Devonshires
If you have any questions or for more information, please contact email@example.com or call us on 020 7880 4440