This workshop is designed for social landlord officers who work with Shared Ownership. It is intended to cover issues that will be relevant to both sales teams and shared ownership housing officers who deal with the day to day management, post completion. It will be useful to those who are new to Shared Ownership, but also those who have already have experience of Shared Ownership, as it will explore what Shared Ownership is, the legal/statutory regulation, and the HCA’s Model Shared Ownership lease, but with a practical focus.
- The shared ownership lease: typical clauses, why they are there. Which are HCA fundamental, which can you adapt
- Staircasing and Assignments: when and how this is done
- Rent reviews: how are these done
- Ground Rents: A new trend in ground rents in new leases and shared ownership agreements.
- Service Charges: how these differ from general needs and full leasehold
- Shared Ownership Management: dealing with breaches and how it differs from other tenure types
- Shared Ownership repossession: grounds for possession, the court process, keys points to be aware of. After repossession – what to do with the property after repossession?
How to book your place
Click here to complete the online registration form or email your name and full contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org