This webinar will provide those planning, or chairing, AGMs, this Autumn, with an overview of the issues to be considered. Traditionally, the AGM offered an opportunity for members of the organisation to meet the board and management, in person – and to ask questions. The outbreak of Covid- 19 has forced the board – and members – to adjust to a new form of AGM. The webinar will look at your options and will examine the current legal and good practice issues.
However, for those company secretaries looking ahead, Covid – 19 may provide a trigger for a wider discussion over the future role of the AGM. We will also look at some new approaches.
- The traditional function of the AGM;
- Constitutional requirements for companies, RPs and charities;
- Current options for meetings post Covid – 19;
- Physical, virtual or hybrid – the legal and practical issues for internal debate;
- Making your constitution roadworthy for next year’s AGM; and
- The future of the AGM?
Nadine Ofori-Atta, Solicitor, Banking, Governance & Corporate, Devonshires
Diarmaid O’Sullivan, Solicitor, Banking, Governance & Corporate, Devonshires
Who should attend:
Company Secretaries, Chairs, Legal Counsel and those involved in planning the AGM.
Please forward this on to others in your organisation that will find the topic of interest.