In this interactive session, designed to help new Housing Association Board Members (or Board Members wanting to refresh their knowledge) to develop their understanding of their role, responsibilities and duties, we will look at:
- The legal duties and responsibilities of a Housing Association Board Member, including under charity law;
- Regulatory expectations in relation to the role of a Housing Association Board;
- Lessons learned in relation to the role of a Housing Association Board from regulatory notices, downgrades and other mishaps; and
- Key skills and behaviours of effective Boards and Board Members.
The interactive session will be led by Gemma Bell, Partner at Devonshires, and Ceri Victory-Rowe, Director at Campbell Tickell.
In order to enable participants to engage with the session, we will be capping the number of spaces available for this webinar.
Topics covered in this session:
- Social housing regulatory
- Charity law
About the speakers:
Gemma advises on a range of areas including social housing regulatory, charity law, governance, company and community benefit society law, corporate restructuring projects, joint ventures, stock transfers and mergers and acquisitions. Gemma acts for a range of clients nationally including housing associations, local authorities, charities and social enterprises.
Ceri specialises in governance and regulation and her work with Campbell Tickell spans the social housing, charity, public and private sectors. As well as providing extensive support and advice to individual organisations, Ceri carries out sector-wide assignments: for example, recently co-writing the NHF’s Code of Governance 2020.