This breakfast briefing looks at what the year ahead has in store following the Queens’ Speech in December 2019. The Government’s agenda for 2020 will make for an interesting (and busy) year ahead! This seminar will bring you right up to date on the priorities for the Government and our best guess at the future trends of housing management and all that goes with managing properties in the current legal landscape.
The session will combine current issues and those on the horizon, including an idea of where we think policy proposals and changes in case-law are likely to take us. From the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act roll out to the abolition of Section 21, this session will guarantee you are up to date.
- Court of Appeal on the Right to Rent scheme;
- Renters Reform Bill – abolition of Section 21 and new grounds for possession;
- Court of Appeal on gas safety certificates and Section 21 notices;
- Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) 2019 roll out;
- Minimum Level of Energy Efficiency Regulations roll out;
- Reform of the court processes and the expected housing court consultation response;
- Leasehold and shared ownership reform;
- Fire Safety and service charges;
- Progression of the Social Housing Green Paper.
Nick Billingham, Partner, Head of Housing Management & Property Litigation, Devonshires
Donna McCarthy, Partner, Housing Management & Property Litigation, Devonshires
Lee Russell, Solicitor, Housing Management & Property Litigation, Devonshires
If you have any questions or for more information, please contact email@example.com or call us on 020 7880 4440