|With the upcoming changes to regulations in England and the growing power of the Regulator, Local Authorities should be prepared for increased scrutiny, as they continue compliance, and ultimately seek assurance that tenants are safe.
Altair and Devonshires will highlight the key considerations required for stock owning Local Authorities to ensure they are well prepared. Join us for a brief overview of the current standards and what possible changes there may be focusing on the questions below, followed by a panel discussion with expert speakers and questions from the audience:
- What are your current responsibilities?
- How does this fit into your governance framework?
- How you can manage the risks to your organisation and;
- Working effectively with the Regulator.
The webinar will be hosted by Andrew Cowan, Partner, Devonshires and Fiona Underwood, CEO Altair with guest speakers:
Kathryn Kligerman, Partner, Devonshires
Drawing upon her experience of supporting Housing Providers with Construction, Health & Safety and property compliance issues, Kathryn will provide insight into the key legal requirements Local Authorities need to consider to ensure they are compliant with the Regulations.
Philip Johnson, Director, Altair
Philip will share lessons from his active involvement supporting local authorities to identify the main areas of compliance, and to ensure that they have robust processes in place to monitor and mitigate the compliance risks.
- 11am Welcome – Fiona Underwood
- 11.05am Consumer Regulation, The Homes Standard and its importance for LAs – Andrew Cowan
- 11.10am The role of the Regulator and understanding the requirements – Kathryn Kligerman
- 11.20am The technicalities of compliance – Philip Johnson
- 11.30am Panel discussion with questions from the floor
Who should attend:
Directors of Housing and Asset Management teams at Local Authorities.
Please forward this invitation onto any colleagues who may be interested.