The FCA’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) came into force on 9 December 2019, replacing the Approved Persons regime. All housing associations with FCA consumer credit and/or mortgage permissions are expected to comply with the new regime and to have established certain procedures within their organisations.
With only 3 months to go before the deadline for full compliance, Alice will take you through the key requirements of SMCR and share some useful tips for how to ensure you are prepared for December.
- What is the SMCR (a reminder)?
- How has this impacted housing associations so far?
- Who are your Senior Managers and Certification Functions?
- How can you undertake the certification process?
- What do you need to do before 9 December 2020?
Alice Overton, Solicitor, Banking, Corporate & Governance, Devonshires