New EU public procurement thresholds have been published which will apply from 1 January 2018.
“Contracting authorities” (which include government departments, NHS Trusts, Local Authorities and Registered Providers) must advertise and competitively tender contracts with a value in excess of the relevant threshold in accordance with the procedures set out in the EU Procurement Regulations.
The new thresholds are as follows:
- Works contracts – £4,551,413
- Supplies and services contracts awarded by central government authorities and NHS Trusts – £118,133
- Supplies and services contracts awarded by sub-central authorities (including Local Authorities and Registered Providers) – £181,302
- Contracts for health, social, care, catering, legal and security services – £615,278
- Works and services concession contracts: £4,551,413
All of the above thresholds are exclusive of VAT.