The European Commission has published new EU public procurement thresholds which will apply from 1 January 2016. “Contracting authorities” (which include government departments, NHS Trusts, Local Authorities and Registered Providers) must advertise and competitively tender contracts with a value in excess of the relevant threshold in accordance with the procedures set out in the EU Procurement Regulations.
The new thresholds are as follows:
- Works contracts – £4,104,394
- Supplies and services contracts awarded by central government authorities and NHS Trusts – £ 106,047
- Supplies and services contracts awarded by sub-central authorities (including Local Authorities and Registered Providers) – £ 164,176
- Contracts for health, social, care, catering, legal and security services – £ 589,148
- Works and services concession contracts: £4,104,394
All of the above thresholds are exclusive of VAT.
For further information please contact Kris Kelliher or Elen Storey.