The European Commission has published new public procurement thresholds which will apply from 1 January 2020.
“Contracting authorities” (which include government departments, NHS Trusts, Local Authorities and Registered Providers) must advertise and competitively tender contracts with a value in excess of the relevant threshold in accordance with the procedures set out in the EU Procurement Regulations.
The new thresholds are as follows:
- Works contracts – £4,733,252
- Supplies and services contracts awarded by central government authorities and NHS Trusts – £122,976
- Supplies and services contracts awarded by sub-central authorities (including Local Authorities and Registered Providers) – £189,330
- Contracts for health, social, care, catering, legal and security services – £663,540
- Works and services concession contracts: £4,733,252
All of the above thresholds are exclusive of VAT.
For further information please contact Kris Kelliher, Partner in our Real Estate & Projects team.