In this webinar Rachel Orgill-Harris and Rose Klemperer will consider some of the key issues and changes expected in social housing finance and regulation in this new financial year including:
- tighter margins and V2 ‘regrades’;
- sustainability reporting and disclosures including the consultation on version 2.0 the new Sustainability Reporting Standard;
- regulatory changes including the new Tenant Satisfaction Measures; and
- for those with bonds, expected changes to the prospectus regime and rules.
1. Tighter margins
• Renegotiation or temporary waivers of financial covenants.
• Impact of Basel 3.1
• V2 ‘regrades’ and learning from the same
• Potential considerations: merger, portfolio disposals.
2. Sustainability Reporting
• The Sustainability Linked Loan Principles have been substantially updated.
• Sustainability Disclosures.
3. Bonds/ Capital Markets
• Expected charges to the prospectus regime and rules.
• Inside information/MAR.
• Investment Association guidance for social housing bond issuers.
4. Regulatory Changes
• New Tenant Satisfaction measures and Consumer Regulation changes.
Rachel is a Partner in the Banking Team. She advises on a range of financial arrangements, including public bond issues, private placements, loan facilities, intra-group funding agreements, facility restructurings, group re-financings and interest rate derivatives.
Rachel’s primary specialism is advising issuers on multi-million pound public bond issues and bond programmes and she often acts for clients on their retained bond sales and EMTN programme updates.
Rose is a senior Solicitor in our Banking, Governance & Corporate team based in our Birmingham office. She primarily acts for housing associations and community led housing providers across England and Wales on matters ranging from incorporation and registration as a social housing provider through to partnership working and joint ventures. She advises on new group structures, strategic governance, board and executive training, governance reviews, co-operative and community benefit society law, general company law, charity law and regulatory queries, alongside drafting governance documentation.